Thursday, February 01, 2007

Guns: A CCW Retrospective (Part 5)


Along with my S&W 642, the CZ P-01 is what I carry currently. Some mild searching on the Web will reveal almost universal praise for the gun, and my experiences have been 100% positive - the gun feeds all different types of ammo from all different types of mags without any hitches, through about 1000 rounds so far.

It's a DA/SA, which is not my preferred system (I prefer carrying a gun with a manual safety, cocked and locked), but I'm not one to be picky. The light rail is completely unnecessary for a concealed carry piece, but now most autoloaders have them, so c'est la vie. The gun holds 14+1 rounds of 9mm.

How long will it last? I'm not going to get my hopes up too much, but it seems like this gun is here to stay. I liked it so much I got a holster monogrammed with my initials (err - not that anyone would ever be able to see it ;-) ).

3 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Good post.

James

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Thanks, James.

I know a bunch of people might be chiding me right now to get a GLOCK or something, but I've always been a CZ guy at heart.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought my first handgun and it's a cz p-01. Great gun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home