School: Five Observations on Gameday at the Swamp
Well, I just attended my first UF football game (sorta - I left at halftime):
1. Some of the student section seats are pretty awesome. You can definitely get close enough to yell catcalls at the refs and the visiting team.
2. You will probably be standing the entire time.
3. Nobody knows the words to the school song(s). Hell, half the people were mumbling "The Star-Spangled Banner."
4. (Related to #1) Opposing teams are booed, calls against the Gators (whether warranted or not) are met with cries of "Bull...shit!," and in all, people can make incredible asses of themselves.
5. The Gators still suck this year. If you have trouble running the ball against UCF, you're going to be in some hot water come October and November.