Wednesday, November 08, 2006

News: Speaker Pelosi

Well, the Democrats have taken the House of Representatives, though control over the Senate is doubtful.

As a libertarian, it's bitter-sweet news. On the one hand, I'm dismayed at where civil liberties and foreign policy is going in our country. I also welcome some government gridlock to keep those guys in D.C. from messing around too much in our lives. On the other hand, I really, really hate paying taxes, and most of the mainstream Democratic leadership makes me cringe, quite frankly.

Strangely enough, Schwarzenegger won by a landslide and Joe Lieberman got re-elected, even running as an independent.

I suppose it doesn't matter. A lot of the most egregious violations, like campaign finance reform, were bipartisan.

As many have said, liberty depends on the soap box, the press box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Let's hope it never comes to the last...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home