Thursday, December 14, 2006

School: Can I get a do-over?

The criminal law exam I took today was brutal. I hate closed-book exams - they always take me back to the time when you were forced to memorize things for a grade. There's just a lot more stress when everything's locked up inside your head. While I know being able to know and remember is an important skill, I also know most lawyers don't use much of what they learned in law school in their actual practices, so it does seem kinda arbitrary.

The consensus was that it was a pretty hard exam, not substantively, but procedurally; three hours is not a whole lot of time when you have to read the facts, the relevant statutes, plan an answer, and write it all down - 15 separate times. We also had an hour-long essay defending an arsonist - I couldn't come up with enough that was on point. Oh well. 2 down, 2 to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home