Thursday, March 01, 2007

Guns: The Ballad of "Paul"

(A crappy poem based on a true story of a "gun groupie" who wouldn't go away - sorry all, just felt like telling the story in a roundabout way)

The Ballad of Paul

There's this guy, Paul, who comes in sometimes
Holster sniffer, you know the kind
I'm polite and all, but I avoid his jive

See, one time Paul had a "pal"
They drove to a gun show over in Ocala
But Paul pestered his pal

Saying "You should buy this!" or "If
you can buy that,
I can get you the money for it"

A few weeks later Paul's pal
Was looking at Gun List over breakfast
Paul walked in

"Hey, can I borrow this?"
But Paul's pal wanted to keep his List
Paul was getting pissed

Some time later, Paul stole the Gun List
Right outta Paul's pal's mailbox
So Paul's pal walked out, with his gun

"Listen, I know you have my Gun List
Stealing from my mailbox is a federal crime
I could call the cops for this

But I'm gonna give you one chance
I never wanna see you again"
And Paul lost his pal

There's this guy, Paul, that comes in sometimes,
Holster sniffer, you know the kind
I'm polite and all, but I avoid his jive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home