Monday, September 17, 2007

Food: Chunks of Energy


I'm not a vegetarian or anything, but I do think that in terms of trail food and quick snacks, vegetarian stuff usually has the edge. I like dried meat as much as the next guy, but it's woefully expensive compared to homemade trail mix or GORP (granola oats raisins peanuts). Of course, that's only if you don't opt for "Chunks of Energy," the lazy man's snack food.

I first saw "Chunks of Energy" when my friend pulled them out to snack on during one of our D&D sessions. They were funny little cubes, but they contained a whole bunch of nuts, seeds, and honey (read: tons of sugar). They tasted okay, but they were more addictive than you would think. We started snapping them up.

Eventually, I tracked down where my friend had got them - Mother Earth Market, a chain of health/organic food stores in and around the area. They're 4 bucks for a half pound, which is as expensive as deli meat. I'm not sure I'd recommend them to other people, but I have to say, I'm munching on them as I type this. :-P

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also addicted to Chunks of energy, I buy them at Cornucopia in Northampton, MA. I buy the Organic Raw Cacao and my real favorite is the Honey Pistachio. The best thing about Chunks of energy are they are very filling and I can only eat 4 to 6 at a time. Great quick meal with a soy milk or yogurt.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Well fancy that. Chunks of Energy in Shangrila as fuel for D&D. Glad to hear novel ways of enjoying them! Role playing stands out in a field of athletic pursuits and 9-5 jobs, which are the more common activities to eat/use them. I have a favor to ask: can I use this post on the blog i just started?

Also, I have a pop quiz: what flavor/s have you tried and which one/s do you like?

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home