Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Food: Virtually Cuban

If you look back through my restaurant reviews, you'll notice I've never given a 1-star rating to anything. Mostly that's because places that are really bad are usually not worth reviewing in a separate post. Today, though, I think I'll make an exception - the unlucky recipient is Virtually Cuban, a little place off of 13th here in Gainesville.


I had eaten there a long time ago, but I suspect they're under new management, since they just changed their hours. Whatever it is, I saw some guy holding a banner for the place, and I decided to stop in for an early dinner. Virtually Cuban is, fittingly enough, virtually never open - they're closed on the weekends, so it's not even an option most of the time.

I tried the arroz con pollo and the ropa vieja, and both were fairly bland. The chicken was dry and overcooked, while the white rice that came with the ropa vieja was semi-hard and old-tasting. With the right price, they might be tolerable, but the menu items all hover around $10. That's unacceptable when essentially all you're serving is Cuban fast food (everything's pre-made and just sitting in a hot tray). Heck, see for yourself.

Rating: 1/4 stars

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a word of advice if you are going to take the time to write a review than use accurate details. The food you are speaking of yes was being kept warm IN THE MALL during a charity event and anyone reading this article would clearly be able to see that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home