Tuesday, October 30, 2007

School: Bus-hopping


There's an interesting little practical problem with the law school #20 bus stop here at UF, and, as I suspect, the problem probably arises whenever you have a minor bus stop that occurs right after a major stop.

The 20 begins at the Oaks Mall (the biggest mall in the area) and ends at the heart of UF, in McCarthy Hall and the Reitz Union. During the 3PM-5PM rush hours, I often wait at my law school bus stop while several full buses pass by, swelled like big metal ticks from all the passengers who got on at McCarthy Hall. Lately, I've been using the various circulators that take me only part of the way home - only about a quarter of the way.

The practical upshot, though, is that I can get on a 20 bus at a later stop, when people have gotten off at previous stops. It's a bit wasteful, and sometimes requires a little walking, but it works. Hopefully, if the weather improves, I can start riding my bike again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home