Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

Aside from Twilight Zone marathons, the one New Year's show I watch regularly is the countdown at Time Square with Dick Clark on "Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve." I don't watch the actual show, mind you - if I want to see performances from flavor-of-the-moment pop stars (sorry Carrie Underwood fans), I can watch them on YouTube. But there is something about having a shared experience with millions of people on live television that really rings in the New Year.

Dick Clark had a well-publicized stroke, but he's still counting down like he always does, even if the speech is a little slurred. I guess even a loss of blood to the brain isn't enough to stop America's Oldest Teenager.

New Year's Day is pretty fun, too. Time to watch the Florida Gators play the Michigan Wolverines in the Capital One Bowl. In any event, have a safe and fun January 1st, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home