Saturday, April 05, 2008

Miscellany: Walking Distance


Having one arm in a sling has big consequences for my exercise routine. Obviously, weightlifting is out of the question, but I also can't really run efficiently, either. Biking might seem to be a nice, low-impact alternative, but it was biking that started this whole mess. If I get into another spill in my current state, with only one arm available to break my fall, who knows what would happen? But not doing any exercise is a recipe for disaster...

It seems one of the only things left for me to do is walk. Humans are natural walkers, and in my youth I would ramble for many an afternoon through the jungles of suburbia. Walking is easy to do but it doesn't burn many calories, so it always takes awhile to really get a workout. The upside of this is that you get to see your surroundings up close and personal, for extended periods of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home