Monday, May 19, 2008

Miscellany: Protocol Rolling Luggage

My arm was injured at a very inconvenient time - the start of April, which is exam season around these parts. I also had to haul a dozen books around for my research paper, plus my computer. Given that getting into a conventional backpack was nigh-impossible, I had to go out and purchase a rolling luggage bag.

The rolling backpack is a common sight in law school - lugging around those 1000 page casebooks can get very old very fast. But between my current backpack, my locker, and, yes, my proclivity for reading cases at the last minute, I had never felt a need to bring all my casebooks with me.

Necessity trumps predisposition, so I stopped in at Penney's and looked at what they had to offer. Naturally, there was a cheap bag ("Protocol" brand) that cost $30, and a Samsonite bag that cost a heckuva lot more (both made in China, of course). Feeling optimistic, I decided to go with the cheap bag, on the basis that if I needed something that lasted more than a couple months, I would probably be in real trouble anyway.

The bag has held up okay, though there is a hole in the bottom and the telescoping handle is clearly on its last legs. I've probably put it through more abuse in these past couple months than most bags go through in a lifetime, since I literally had to drag the darn thing everywhere. I'd say I got my $30 worth out of it, though, so thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home