Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sports: There's nothing like driving that funny cart around


I've never played a full 18 holes of golf with the use of a golf cart before, so getting out to the official Mark Bostick Golf Course here at UF last Memorial Day weekend provided a rare opportunity to putz around on one.

Golf is a game for the rich, mostly because a course takes up an absurd amount of space (as I've posted before). A lot of people elect to walk around, lugging or rolling around their clubs by hand, but nearly every golf course allows you to rent golf carts.

Of course, my Dad and I are natural golf partners. We revel in the inherent absurdity of the game, a sport where you get to take corners and power down hills in your very own underpowered electric vehicle. How many times do you get to motor around on what is essentially a huge lawn and whack tiny white balls into tiny holes? Not often enough, I'd say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home