Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Miscellany: Lunchtime Rush

I heard a radio ad for "I Love N.Y. Pizza," and I snorted. Not because the place is bad (it's a decent joint - I'll probably do a review one fo these days), but because the announcer claimed that since it's summer, parking is easy to find on University.

You see, even in the middle of summer here in Gainesville, I've found that finding a place to eat on University Avenue at around 12 noon is nigh impossible. And it's not like Gainesville is a thriving metropolis - around June and July, the population drops quite a bit because thousands of students go home for summer break. But when you see lines for lunch places literally stretching out the door and onto the street, you learn to pack a lunch and not waste your time. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home