Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Guns: Prepare for the Future

[Tam has a good post up on this topic.]

I'm a firm believer in hard assets - and by "hard," I mean steel, brass, and lead. If you don't have a semiautomatic firearm but think you might want one in the next few years, there's never been a better time to buy. I'm already set with my tricked-out AR-15, but anyone looking to buy that shiny new AK or FAL clone should probably pony up now. We all know how eager legislators can be:



Also important are magazines. Thankfully, since the end of the last scary-looking gun ban, magazine manufacturers have been working overtime, so they're plentiful now. But it never hurts to have an extra dozen mags to pick up the slack.

Finally, there's ammo. Again, I have enough reloading components to make a few thousand rounds of .223, and I still feel understocked. Ammunition prices pretty much never go down, even in the short term, so in the event that no further gun control laws are passed, you can sell your excess and actually make money.

I hate to be an alarmist, but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Gun owners across the country are hunkering down, and watching their elected officials closely.

3 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Skunkabilly said...

Hey man, are you on Facebook?

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Yup. I got sucked into Facebook when everyone was playing Scrabulous.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Skunkabilly said...

Add meh! ninja at skunk a billy dot commmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home