Friday, March 27, 2009

Music: Sacrament of Wilderness

I'm springing an epic dragon fight on my players during the next session of my D&D campaign. In order to set the appropriate mood, I'm taking a page from one of my friend's campaigns and playing some music in the background.

You're making your way through an enormous cavern, trying to find the surface. Up ahead, you see a pinpoint of light - an exit! As you clamber forward, the ground trembles. Your friends all draw their weapons, searching the darkness.

Ahead of you, a dragon roars from the ceiling. "Roll for initiative."



Nightwish is a symphonic metal band from Finland, known for their bombbastic hooks and the operatic flourishes of their former frontwoman, Tarja Turunen. "Sacrament of Wilderness," like most Nightwish songs, is over-the-top and borderline kitschy, with lyrics drenched in fantasy and religious allusions. For a fight with a dragon, though, subtle doesn't cut it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home