Sunday, April 26, 2009

Miscellany: Targus Sport Deluxe 16" Backpack


Before I switched over to netbooks, I used to be a desktop replacement junkie. I was enamored of heavy laptops kitted out with fancy graphics cards and enormous screens. My first three laptops, for instance, all had 15" screens and all weighed at least eight pounds.

In order to lug around a laptop of that size, you need a serious carrying case. Well, the desktop replacements have been phased out, but today I'm reviewing one carrying case that has withstood the test of time - the Targus Sport Deluxe laptop backpack.

It's easily one of the best backpacks I've ever owned, especially if you need to tote a gorilla-sized laptop. The internal computer compartment can accommodate a full 15"-16" screen laptop or a fairly large hardcover textbook. Aside from the inner compartment, there's a main outer pocket with an interesting vertical zipper design (the flaps fold out like wings). This outer pocket can expand like a kangaroo pouch, making it handy for storing bulky items like jackets or purses.

The exterior of the backpack is similarly well-designed. As you can see, there are two webbed pouches on the outside flap. When combined with the dual elastic cords on the flap, these pouches are perfect for strapping in Sigg bottles, umbrellas, or other cylindrical objects. Even the smallish side pockets are handy for stashing electronics and peripherals like computer mice. To top it all off, there's a handy removable cell phone pouch attached to the padded shoulder straps.

I've owned and used the Sport Deluxe for nearly a decade. The space age styling might be a minus to some, but overall, this is a very solid backpack.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Blake Hammett said...

Well I have had this backpack for nine years and I can tell you this is the best backpack I have ever had in my life and it has been with me Through most of my school years and I have never need a new one I absolutely love this backpack I'm going in to my senior year of high school next year 2018 and I wish I could buy the same backpack because mines pretty beat up over the years I've put that backpack through a lot of stuff but it's handled every bit of it it has a tag on the inside of it and it says satisfaction 100% guaranteed and I totally agree with that this backpack is amazing but I wish there was a way I could buy another one for my senior year that would be awesome that's what I have to say about this amazing backpack that Will last you a lifetime Targus for life

 

Post a Comment

<< Home