Thursday, July 09, 2009

Guns: Making the Holster

To be honest, when I first started shopping for a custom holster for my CZ-75B, I was shocked at how much bespoke holsters cost and how long it took for one to be made. It's just a piece of leather, right? Why do you have to spend $80 and wait two months to get one that fits your gun exactly?

But making a holster isn't a simple job. There's a lot of work involved:



I do realize there are plenty of people who can't afford to spend that much money on a holster. My advice? If you can't drop the cash on a nice holster, at least get a sturdy, stiff belt (you can find purpose-made leather gunbelts, but a good stiff tool belt or rigger's belt will be cheaper and will work about as well). Methinks it's better to have a cheap holster on a good belt than vice versa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home