Sunday, August 16, 2009

Miscellany: Packing with Polypropylene - An Ode to Sterilite



I've had to move my stuff several times during my college years, but it wasn't till the later moves that I ditched the old cardboard boxes and embraced injection-molded polymers for my packing needs. When I found myself finally leaving Gainesville after graduating from law school, I opted for a bunch of jumbo-size Sterilite containers.

They're transparent, so you can see the contents of a box. They're relatively cheap and easy to find. They're practically indestructible, and won't be damaged by a little water or rough handling like cardboard boxes can. And strangely enough, Sterilite products are made in the U.S., with bona fide manufacturing plants in several states (heck, Sterilite stuff is probably one of the few plastic products you can buy in Wally World that's still made in America).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home