Friday, October 02, 2009

Miscellany: A Shangrila Towers Virtual Yard Sale

It's a down economy, and most of us are tightening our belts and finding extra cash where we can. For me, that means selling off the myriad gun-related knick-knacks and tools I've collected over the years. I was using eBay to move a lot of items, but the Final Value Fee they take out is astronomical and they're anti-gun to boot.

So, here are some items that you guys might be interested in (all prices include USPS shipping). If you'd like to buy, leave a comment claiming the item(s) and send me an e-mail with your snail-mail address (mulliga at ufl dot edu, include item and "Shangrila Towers yard sale" in subject line). I'll reply with payment instructions.

I'd like to think most of these items are priced at fair market value or lower, so if you think a friend might be interested in something, tell them - word of mouth is great advertising. Anyway, thanks for shopping at Shangrila Towers...

Streamlight TLR-1 - $35 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



This is a pretty good weaponlight, and it got a favorable review back when I got it last year. My tastes in handguns and lighting systems has changed somewhat, and the TLR-1 is now sort of outdated (this is the older version - the newer ones use better LEDs). There's also some wear on the upper part of the light (from repeated firings/cleanings) and on the attaching screw. Still, if you need a tactical light on a budget, here's a tough one to beat.

Primary Arms Ultimate Weaponlight - $65 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



This item is essentially brand new. It's from Primary Arms, though I'm pretty sure it's just a rebranded Chinese weaponlight. Still, the "Ultimate Weaponlight" worked pretty well in my limited testing. I'm selling it because it's a big light (3 CR123A cells long) and it doesn't belong on a lightweight tactical carbine. If you need the lumens, though, it's a good choice. The package comes with a tape switch setup and a push button tailcap, which is a pretty good combo considering the price.

BlackHawk! Left Thigh Holster - $35 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



I'm not sure what specific model of holster this is, mainly because I bought it to participate in the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus open holster protest. It fits Beretta 92/CZ-75 size autoloaders (adjustable for most fullsize pistols, in other words), and has a mag pounch in front. Works pretty well, but you'll probably look like Lara Croft if you wear this with shorts (though some people might want that effect, I suppose).

Seven Black Magpul PMAG Magazines - $70 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



Here are seven black Magpul PMAGs without the windows. They're in great shape and they all have the dustcovers, too. Incredible AR mags, but as I no longer use an AR, they're kinda superfluous.

Vickers Combat Applications Two-Point Sling - $25 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



I tried the Vickers sling on my AR, but I just didn't like it as much as the old "rat tail," my Wilderness single-point. Different strokes for different folks, though, and this is a well-designed and sturdy adjustable two-point.

Victorinox SwissTool - $40 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS



The SwissTool is a heavy, polished multitool that competes favorably with the Leathermans of the world. Comes with a sweet molded nylon belt holster that doubles as a mag pouch.

3 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested int eh streamlight TLR my email is s_mahaley at yahoo.com

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous pdb said...

I will take the Vickers sling and the Pmags if they're still available!

Please email me at pdb at papadeltabravo.com.

Thanks!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Okay. You guys got first dibs...e-mails sent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home