Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stories from "A Christmas Story": Jingle Bells

I've been doing Christmas-related posts here at Shangrila Towers for years now, and for this holiday season, I'd like to try something different. From now till Noël, I'll put up special posts about stuff from one of my favorite Christmas movies, "A Christmas Story."

Every Christmas movie needs music, and "A Christmas Story" features both a bombastic orchestral score and diegetic period pieces - there's carolers singing "Go Tell It On the Mountain" and bands playing "Good King Wencesclas" in the opening scenes, for instance.

My favorite "source music" cuts are the ones that come in through Ralphie's radio, like this spirited version of "Jingle Bells" by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters:



There's just something bouncy and fun about the Andrews Sisters' harmony during the chorus. The song even got a modern update from Michael Bublé and the Puppini Sisters:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home