Saturday, May 28, 2016

Miscellany: Airplane EDC


A lot of people are travelling this Memorial Day weekend, so I thought I'd share what I usually carry when I need to get past TSA probulation. From left to right:

Flashlight: SureFire EB1 Backup. The Backup is nice, smooth, and innocuous-looking, especially compared to SureFire's other offerings in this segment. Overall, I prefer my E1D, but it's not something you want to lose to an overzealous security guard.

Pen: CRKT Williams Pen. As I said in my review, this is one "tactical" pen that doesn't look like it belongs at a sci-fi convention dealer's table.

Phone: LG B470. This simple flip phone is the exact opposite of the giant smartphones and phablets you see on airplanes - it makes calls, and that's pretty much it. Small and disposable, though.

Watch: CASIO G-Shock GA-1000-8A (part of the G-Aviation series). This watch is enormous, and way out of proportion to my wrist. On the other hand, it's sporty-looking, tough as nails, and has a handy compass.

Wallet: Big Skinny multi-pocket bifold. I'm thinking of getting one of those passport cards for travel in the Americas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home