Sunday, March 17, 2024

Food: Guinness 0.0

I've been drinking Guinness every St. Patrick's Day (and plenty of other days) for years now, but since I'm in marathon training I thought I'd try subbing the usual pint out for something healthier - Guinness 0.0, a zero-alcohol version of the St. James's Gate classic that took four years to develop:


It's good! I wouldn't say it tastes exactly like a Guinness (even the best vacuum distillation methods unavoidably change the structure and flavor of beer), but it's pretty close.  Regular Guinness doesn't have all that much alcohol to begin with, and the beer's signature roasted malt flavors seem to make the jump to nonalcoholic pretty easily. So, if for whatever reason you are trying to reduce the alcohol in your life, a Guinness 0.0 is one of the better choices out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home