Saturday, December 16, 2023

Miscellany: Orvis Classic Barn Coat

Fashion is not a common topic of discussion here at Shangrila Towers, but with the weather turning blustery, I thought it might be fun to review some outerwear that would make a nice holiday gift - the Orvis Classic Barn Coat:



You see, I needed something to replace my old Club Room jacket, which finally gave up the ghost after many decades of faithful service. After fruitlessly searching eBay for the exact same jacket, I decided the Orvis was the closest thing I could find.

In some ways, it's a downgrade.  It lacks the uber-useful chest-level front slash pockets of my old jacket, and the corduroy collar isn't as comfy as a leather-lined collar. On the other hand, the Orvis features a handy redundant front zipper, and the interior and waist pockets have button closures if you want to keep things secure. Perhaps most importantly, the Orvis is a bit big for size, which allows you to layer in a hoodie or sweater when it gets really cold (well, cold for Florida).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home