Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Music: Digitally Imported radio, AKA "Gilbert" music

Back in my middle school days, my cousin Gilbert used to live with our family. He was going to school at PBCC, and he was into all manner of rock and alternative bands - he introduced me to Metallica (well, old Metallica anyway - I still love "Ride the Lightning," but the new stuff leaves me cold), Smashing Pumpkins, and the like in that tender transition period between fifth grade and sixth.

After he moved back to California, I continued on through high school and college. When he visited this past year, many changes had taken place. He had gotten noticeably fatter, he was working at a hotel, and he was listening to "Digitally Imported." DI features the same kind of throbbing beats you'll find on many a dance floor nowadays, and it makes for great music to zone out to. You don't really listen to it as much as let it play in the background of your life. Next time you're scrubbing out your toilet or trying to forget about that bad enchilada, tune in to DI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home