Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Food: Ovaltine

On a lighter note, I'd like to express my undying affection for Ovaltine. It first started with "A Christmas Story," when Ralphie was downing the stuff by the canload as he struggled for his Little Orphan Annie Decoder thingie. Like most impressionable youth, I lobbied at the grocery store, and the sweet orange jar was my reward...

I've heard it's made from the by-products of some nefarious industrial process that created lots of extra malt extract. w00t.

Ovaltine is supposedly the "healthy" alternative to cocoa powders and milk chocolate syrups. This is because it's enriched with vitamins. So in that respect, Ovaltine is about as healthy as Cocoa Puffs.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger James R. Rummel said...

I have never tried Ovaltine. Does it taste like a milkshake?

James

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Mulliga said...

It tastes like a malted milkshake...sorta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home