Friday, November 17, 2006

School: Meet the Professors (Bonus)


Legal Research and Writing is only a 2 credit course, and it's taught by a bunch of different professors. My LRW teacher is Professor Jackson, who earned his J.D. at UF. He's an engaging speaker (like most lawyers in general), but I do get the sense teaching the course is kind of a side thing for him, which is understandable.

Compared with other LRW sections, we have the least busywork and assignments, and I think it's for the best. I doubt the other classes are learning anything more important, except for maybe how to be completely stressed out. We have completed lots of training in Lexis and Westlaw, as well as a rudimentary library research exercise (physical research takes a lot of time, but at least it doesn't cost $600/hour to use a law library).

This marks the end of the "Meet the Professors" series, at least for now. I'm sure the second half of the year will be plenty of fun, with new challenges and new rewards. I'll polish my outlines and study a bit during Thanksgiving, and then it's exams...tempus fugit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home