Sunday, December 17, 2006

School: Wilbert's


Wilbert's has been a fixture of Levin Law life for...well, I'm not sure how many years, but a long time. A combination bookstore/convenience store, it's probably the only place worth going if you need to buy a Civil Procedure book, a six-pack of Guiness, and a burrito - all in one trip. Apparently, the owner was offered a whole lot of money by UF to sell the place, which is literally right across the street from the law school, but to no avail.

I usually stop my for a quick snack or lunch, if time allows. They have a nice little outdoor section with umbrellas and lawn furniture, and it can make for a very pleasant way to pass the time in-between classes. Wilbert's has been in business so long, the place even has its own T-shirts - how many convenience stores can you say that about?

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize your original post was made in 2006. I just did a search for Wilbert's and I found your post. Wilbert was my great-uncle. We just had a family reunion and I wanted to make a facebook group for the store. May the legacy of Wilbert's live on forever!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Mulliga said...

It's no problem - I kinda intend for people to run up on my posts accidentally. That's why the blog is so scattershot.

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this. I was feeling nostalgic for Wilbert's and googled it.I spent many an hour with Wilbert and Steve in the late 70's early 80's. I have fond memories of the store as well as of Wilbert and Steve.

Do they still sell cheap and crappy coffee?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Oh yeah - the coffee is as awful as ever. Stick to the Starbucks inside the law school. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home