Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Loudest Sound

I was watching some sports with my Dad in the den when something very unexpected happened. An object in my pocket fell out and clattered on the floor.


It was my Smith & Wesson Model 642 .38 caliber revolver (expect another post about this gun in the future). The tricky thing is, of course, is that up until then, my family wasn't even aware I owned guns.

They were surprised, to be sure, and a little freaked out, but thankfully, they seemed to take it better than I expected. I didn't get chewed out or yelled at, and everything turned out okay. My family still seems to be unreasonably afraid of firearms, but I'm hoping time and circumstance will smoothen that out.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

My parents are very-much anti-gun, but I'm well over 40 and don't live under their roof anymore, however my aging mom would probably have an apoplectic stroke or something if a gun fell out of my pocket at the family Christmas gathering... That being said, IMO the .38 Special is a great no-flinch round in a 4-inch Model 10, loaded with hydra-shoks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home