Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sports: An Ugly Scene

The Brawl
AP Photo: Frank Franklin II
====
I'm sure any basketball fan has already heard about the melee that ensued in yesterday's Knicks-Nuggets game. While there's lots of condemnation to go around in this situation, I won't venture there. I've gotten into fights I shouldn't have; it's part of human nature, after all. Punish everyone involved appropriately (minimum 15 game suspension for Melo, and possibly 30 to be fair) and let's get on with the game. I do, think, however, that basketball as a whole has gotten more and more frustrating to watch.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Keith Walker said...

I haven't seen the footage yet, but there is something terribly wrong when a team feels justified in committing "clean hard fouls" because the other team still has their starters in the game during a blowout.

Sure, it is not the best sportsmanship to keep your starters in after victory is assured, but that is not an excuse for the losers to prove that they are losers in more than one sense.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Mulliga said...

Yeah, I wish Isiah Thomas got some kind of penalty - his conduct in this whole thing is questionable at best. As Knicks coach, he's accountable for his team.

Oh well. That organization's been going downhill for awhile now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home