Saturday, March 03, 2007

News: I'm kind of jealous, but then kinda not


This kind of thing seems to happen on a regular basis. I also notice something else - it seems to happen a lot in California. My guess, given the somewhat rare nature of an out-and-out residential fire, is that many people in California have caches like this. It's a bit sad, really - when the bans first came there, I'm sure they thought they could store their guns and ammo indefinitely, waiting for a mythical revolution, or perhaps for a less restrictive political climate. There's a lesson to take from this - burying your guns is almost never productive. If you feel the need to do so, sell them all off and spend the money fighting politically in the legislature - at least you didn't go down without a fight.

With the rapidly rising price of the stuff, I do wish I had a million rounds of ammunition, but I know in the back of my mind I'd shoot it all up in a few years anyway. On top of that, I didn't know you needed a permit for blackpowder in California. I wonder what will happen to all those guns - I'm guessing the Riverside PD is going to be getting some shiny new acquisitions soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home