Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tech: The ephemeral HDTV broadcasts


I bought an RCA amplified indoor antenna in hopes of improving my (HD)TV reception. While cable is fine, it's pretty hard to switch back to awful old standard-def when sexy HDTV picture quality is being broadcast over the airwaves for free. Mindful that much of the stuff on network TV isn't very compelling for me ("American Idol" and "Dancing With The Stars" come immediately to mind), I hooked the sucker up.

Bollocks. The darn thing doesn't improve reception at all - in fact, I was having better luck with an old pair of rabbit ears I picked up from the bottom of my closet. I can't believe this piece of junk cost $60. Obviously, a quick return is in order.

Thankfully, it ain't my HDTV. I'd hate to have to continue to supply this sucker with high-def content - it seems the more detailed the picture, the greater the month-to-month impact on your wallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home