Monday, July 09, 2007

Guns: Stocking Up

My local range tells me that from their reckoning, the price of ammo has gone up 23% in the past six months. That kind of jump in price is well above the rate of inflation for other goods. By now, however, it's old news to most gunowners. It's only natural to see a decreased supply of ammunition given the conflicts in the Middle East, combined with some finagling from our friends at the BATFE.

You may have heard about people investing in transferable pre-1986 machine guns, since the ever-dwindling supply means prices are almost guaranteed to increase, at least short of a miraculous lift of the 1986 ban on new MG registrations. I'm doing something slightly different - since I usually burn through half a case of 9mm every month, I figured I might as well stock up now.

I headed down to the local Wally World and snagged 10 boxes of Winchester White Box for the tidy sum of $160. Hopefully, I can get a job over the summer and buy some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home