Sunday, August 12, 2007

Food: Innocenzio's - an "A" for effort

Finding a good Italian restaurant can be a difficult proposition. As ubiquitous as the cuisine is, there are so many hundreds of thousands of two-bit pizzerias and spaghetti joints that even an above-average place can get lost in the shuffle. "Innocenzio's" restaurant, located in Lake Worth, isn't exactly great Italian food, or even particularly good Italian food, but it shows that even effort can count.

It's always little things at Innocenzio's. For instance, when the person who cooks your food actually comes out and talks to you about how you liked it. Having a separate cup holding your vinaigrette with your salad so you can decide how much you like. Swirls of chocolate sauce decorating your tiramisu plate. And so it goes.

The food itself was competent, too. Our salads, consisting of mostly field greens, tasted good, and the Italian sub and spaghetti were at least as good as most Italian joints. The restaurant could use a little lesson in ambiance - having CNN blaring through LCD flatscreens mounted overhead is not the most calming atmosphere. But, all in all, I'd go there again.

2/4 stars

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with one point made in this article. I, too, found the LCD screens with the CNN a little disturbing while looking for a quiet night out. I live near Innocenzio's and was glad to see a new Italian restaurant in the area when they first opened. My wife I are regular patrons of another restaurant near there. We were heading to the other place one evening when we came found Innocenzio's. We decided to stop in and give it a shot. My initial expectations were that which I would basically apply to any run of the mill pizza joint. I was suprised when the owner (Innocenzio, but you can call him Jim) came over to greet us at our table and made sure everything was to our liking. The staff was extremely friendly and did everything they could to make our experience perfect. When the food came out it was definitely above the typical pizza joint benchmark. The TVs on the wall may not be an ideal quality, but I was very impressed with all other aspects and would recommend them to anyone. I continue to be a regular customer and hope to enjoy their food for a long time to come.
(PS - I am going there for dinner tonight!)

Happy Customer,

Jason

 
At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went and checked out this place myself. I met with the family, and they are really friendly as everyone else has said. The cnn on the tv is a little loud, but I simply asked them to change the channel and they did(I didn't wanna miss the game!) The food was really good. I went on a friday night, was immediately seated, and cared for. The staff is really caring and they do more then try. If you go to this place, make sure you try the caprese salad! It was really good, they waiter said that they make the mozz in their kitchen. Everything seemed home made. This is definitely my new favorite italian place. go check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home