Friday, August 10, 2007

Guns: Loading magazines

Check out this video of a rather unique idea for an AR mag (posted by SayUncle):



I can't count how many magazine loaders, stripper clips, and other sundry devices have been invented to help speed up magazine loading. Back when I had a stack full of AK and AR mags, I'd spend the better part of an episode of "Futurama" just loading the darn things up with ammo. It was easy, it wasn't painful, but it might get old fast for some people.

On the range, however, I think loading magazines is a good way to space out the stress you put on a particular firearm's barrel. You don't normally pop mag after mag of 9mm downrange; taking a break between strings of shots is just common sense. Loading magazines is a good way to pass this extra time.

None of this applies, however, to unloading magazines. I hate unloading AR mags, for example, so a LULA might be just the ticket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home