Thursday, August 02, 2007

Grandma, 1928-2007

There was a time, Grandma, when you were the first and last face I saw every day. From taking care of my cousins, I now realize what a burden that must have been. In the carelessness of youth, I never really took the time to really thank you. Now it seems I've missed my chance. For that, I am sorry.

In a way, though, I do feel blessed. I saw you in your prime as a grandmother. We never spoke much (my halting attempts at basic Vietnamese still elicit laughter from the family), but I think that in our time together we managed to at least understand each other.

It is a cliche, but I will always remember the small things. Your smell (the smell of a grandmother), the funny way you pronounced my name, the way you spoiled me with special meals. Goodbye, Grandma, and thanks for everything.

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

I'm sorry, God bless and godspeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home