Saturday, July 28, 2007

Leaving...On a jet plane...

...Don't know when I'll be back again.

I hate to type it, but it looks like Grandma really is going to pass away. Her kidney has gotten better (which stunned the doctors) but she's still on a ventilator, and rather than drag it out, everybody's coming in to say goodbye. I'm flying out to Houston, with the rest of my family to follow.

I booked the ticket, but it's somewhat surprising that the "bereavement and compassion" fare discount is so vanishingly small (5% in my case). I guess I can't blame the airlines, since checking out each and every traveler's bereavement claim could cost a bundle, but 5% really isn't even worth the trouble.

Anyway, I'll be in Houston for the better part of two weeks, so blogging obviously will take a back seat. I'll probably post incessantly about the memories I have of Grandma...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home