Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tech: My first video game console

[Part of my "Memories of Grandma" series]

I remember the speculation the most. That big present under the tree at Grandma and Grandpa's house - what could it be? I dared to dream it might be a Nintendo, the one thing I really wanted that Christmas. Alternately the box was too large, too small, too fat, too thin - my probing guesses at its contents were futile.

When the big moment finally arrived, I cartwheeled (sort of), jumped up and down, and generally went crazy over the darn thing. In today's era of stripped down consoles, the idea of a console package that contained 2 controllers, 2 games, and a frickin' light gun must be foreign. I nearly fell over myself thanking my grandparents.

My reaction was even mroe enthusiastic than these two:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home