Sunday, August 26, 2007

Guns: Southern Classic Gun & Knife Show

The biggest gun show I can attend on a regular basis is the Southern Classic, a family-run gun show that cycles through Florida every few months. They regularly occupy the Central Florida Fairgrounds, which is fairly convenient if you live in Orlando. Parking is free, but admission has now gone up to eight bucks.

If you've never been to a gun show, it's easy to sum up the experience - it's like a flea market where all they sell is guns, ammo, knives, beef jerky, "tactical" gear, and the occasional oddity. Prices fluctuate - since mostly dealers and gun stores sell at these shows, you may or may not get a better value than you would elsewhere, but the close proximity forces everyone to at least be competitive.

Someday I'm going to offer somebody "two tickets to the gun show" and when they expect me to flex my biceps, I'll give them two actual tickets to the gun show instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home