Friday, August 17, 2007

Tech: The Price of Rapture

"Bioshock" is a much-hyped PC game coming out next week. It's the spiritual successor to "System Shock 2," one of my favorite games ever. Taking place in an underwater city called Rapture, the game thrusts the nameless protagonist into a world of genetically mutated human beings. Naturally, quite a few of them are hostile. Check it out:



The only problem is, it requires a beast of a machine to render all the eye-candy on display. My piddly little Radeon X1650 graphics card isn't going to cut it - it's time to upgrade to a GeForce 8800 GTS. Unfortunately, the power supply in my PC isn't big enough to even support the new card (only 300W). So all in all, I'm probably going to end up spending $350 just to get my PC up to snuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home