Tuesday, August 14, 2007

School: Interview time


I signed up for on-campus interviews with employers here at my law school. Unnervingly enough, they begin the interviews a week before school actually starts. I have to admit, I am nervous. I've never actually participated in a "real" job interview before (my previous jobs were only procured because of family connections).

The law school interview process doesn't seem much different from other job interviews, thankfully. You research your employer, and get ready to field questions that get thrown at you, all the while trying to see if you'll fit into the firm. My uncle, who is also an attorney, tells me that sometimes interviewers differentiate between candidates by the smallest things - if your tie isn't right, or your voice sounds too grating, you might be passed over in favor of someone else.

It'll be interesting, to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home