Monday, November 12, 2007

News: The writers strike

The WGA strike is entering its second week, and to be hoenst, I haven't even noticed. I mean, it's not like Breda or James or Tam or any of the other writers I actually read are on strike. I can't even remember when I last followed a primetime network TV show, either. I do admire the WGA, though, for its prescience - TV as we know it is going to radically change in the next couple of decades, and it would suck to be left out in the cold.

It did get me to thinking, though - what exactly are my rights to Shangrila Towers? Let's see:

Your Intellectual Property Rights. Google claims no ownership or control over any Content submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through Google services. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through Google services and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Google services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant Google a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such Content on Google services for the purpose of displaying and distributing Google services. Google furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole discretion.

Not as bad as I thought, but I wonder if Google will provide a backup copy of my blog if they ever stop providing Blogger?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home