Thursday, December 06, 2007

Food: Gumby's Pizza/Court of Heros


There are times when you go to a restaurant without knowing exactly why. The food may not be spectacular, the atmosphere might be run-of-the-mill, but darn it - you just go there. I have that kind of relationship with the combination "Gumby's Pizza/Court of Heros" place that is nestled in the corner of the Sweetbay shopping center on 34th here in Gainesville.

It's a smallish sports bar lumped together with a smallish pizza parlor, which is pretty strange when you think about it. There's a pool table in the front, as well as a TV trivia channel that is fun for passing the time. The pizza, while edible, is certainly nothing special. But there's just something about those big wooden booths and the classic rock that is lazily piped out of the speakers overhead that keeps bringing me back.

For instance, today, right before my Patent Law exam, I stopped in for a philly cheese steak. I ordered it with spinach, and to my surprise, it tasted pretty good. I opened up my book and started studying, and I was the only customer in the whole joint.

Rating: 2/4 stars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home