Monday, February 04, 2008

Sports: Still Perfect

Not the Patriots, that is, but the '72 Miami Dolphins. I suppose it's poetic justice that in a season where Miami narrowly avoided being the only team in NFL history to go 0-16, the New England Patriots fell one game short of becoming the second team in NFL history to go unbeaten in a season. Make no mistake: many in the NFL were rooting against the Pats, mostly because of their many instances of running up the score (including a 52-7 game against the Redskins and a 56-10 game against the Bills) and the cloud Spygate has generated.

I'm no Giants fan, but I'm a Dolphins fan, so I cheered pretty hard when Eli Manning somehow scrambled out of a sure sack and found David Tyree down the field late in the 4th quarter:



Of course, for many, the Super Bowl highlights were the commercials. I liked the Fed Ex carrier pigeon one and the Coke parade float battle:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home