Saturday, October 04, 2008

Music: You Oughta Know

Sometimes a song is accompanied by a colorful background story. Alanis Morissette's breakout hit single "You Oughta Know" got massive radio airplay, and its popularity isn't entirely due to the butt-kicking bassline or catchy chorus.

You see, legend has it that Dave Coulier (Uncle Joey from the TV show "Full House") is the subject of Morissette's angry lyrics. Apparently, Morissette dated Coulier, and the breakup was ugly. Then again, it could all just be a big rumor, but it still makes for an interesting backdrop to a memorable song:

'cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home