Thursday, January 08, 2009

Miscellany: Learning to Eat Healthy, Part 1

My New Year's Resolution is simple this year - change the way I eat.

I've blogged in the past about my struggles to lose weight, mostly via exercise (strength training and cardio). My experience over the past Christmas break, during which I got plenty of exercise but didn't lose much fat, made me realize that exercise alone is not enough - you have to eat right. Unless you're Michael Phelps, it's just not practical to work off gut-busting meal after gut-busting meal - you'd be stuck in the gym two or three hours a day.

I'll be posting more in the next few weeks about some of the techniques and tactics I'll be employing.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://dogandponyshow.typepad.com/90_day_transformations/

There's a lot of info about nutrition on my site. You are absolutely right, too. In fact, I have found that diet is probably close to 80% of the equation. Exercise is all about helping the numbers work in your favor (calories in, calories out), at least as far as weight loss goes. If losing fat is your goal, start with the diet. A person can lose a lot of fat in a relatively short amount of time if they commit to eating clean and smart.

I lost 45 pounds last year and got myself down to a 6 pack. I've relaxed that and just had fun over the holidays and probably have only gained about 8 pounds. I'm back on my strict diet and am so glad to be here now because not only does the clean diet cause fat loss, but it also makes me feel better physically and emotionally. It's what my body uses to "be." Crap in = crap out.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home