Sunday, December 25, 2011

Stories from "A Christmas Story" - Red Ryder BB Gun

I've been doing Christmas-related posts here at Shangrila Towers for years now, and for this holiday season, I'd like to try something different. From now till Noël, I'll put up special posts about stuff from one of my favorite Christmas movies, "A Christmas Story."

Ralphie's quest to obtain the Red Ryder BB Gun comes to a climax on Christmas Morning. Despite never telling his father about what he wanted (watch the movie again; the Old Man is always out of the room when Ralphie talks about the gun), Ralphie's dad somehow knows.

The actual Red Ryder air gun has been in production for over 70 years. It's not accurate, powerful, or even particularly well-constructed (they're now manufactured in China), but it still haunts a specific corner of my mind. I never got one for Christmas, and I wonder how much of my current shooting hobby is merely making up for lost time...



Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Borepatch said...

Merry Christmas, Mulliga!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home