Saturday, February 10, 2007

Miscellany: Cue "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor

One of the problems with setting a definite goal for yourself is when you reach that goal. Some time ago, I had set a goal of getting fit enough to do some pull-ups. Well, over Christmas break, even after being bloated and out of shape, I easily cranked out some pull-ups on my uncle's home gym. Wow! This working out stuff really...errr...works out!

Unfortunately, I let nearly two months slip by after that without doing any strength training. So, feeling a bit lethargic, I hauled my butt over to Sears and got a proper weight training bench and 4 more 10 lb. plates. After an hour of weight training, it became painfully clear my muscles had atrophied in the interim - I can only do about 60%-70% of my peak. Yipes.

But, if you ever find yourself in this position, remember that if you could do it once, there's every chance you can do it again.




And if someone doesn't get the reference, here's Rocky III's famous "Rocky's-getting-soft" montage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home