Monday, April 16, 2007

News: I was going to say something...

...about the VA Tech massacre, but LawDog basically said it for me.

As much as I hate the nutjob that killed those helpless students, I have to wonder who dropped the ball here - how can a couple people be shot in a dorm and then the shooter is left free to roam the campus for a couple hours? Don't they have cops there? UF has its own police department (I think they have a SWAT team, too), and there are cops patrolling the school all the time. The pictures of the VA officers waiting outside, behind their cars, are eerily reminiscent of Columbine.

Then there's the university police prohibiting CCW on campus. I'd bet there was someone in that engineering hall who had a gun and wished to God he or she had it with them today. Carrying in school is a crime in FL, so it's not just a UF policy keeping me from bringing mine. But this kind of thing illustrates the blinders the people in power seem to have to what's happening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home