Thursday, July 12, 2007

Food: The Opposite of Serendipity

I was planning on having one last lunch at Wingstop before I had to leave to return home for the summer (summer semester ends shockingly early here at Levin). Before lunch, though, I bought some materials to prepare for an upcoming Conan RPG session that's being one by one of my gaming buddies - "The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian" and the Conan RPG itself. Strangely enough, the game store was in the same shopping plaza as a fairly new place called "Morrison's Buffet" - no relation to "Morrison's Cafeteria" (I'll do a post about Morrison's Cafeteria someday, too).

Inside, the place seemed clean enough, and it was fairly crowded, a good sign for most buffets. The price for all-you-can-eat lunch was $5.99, which is pretty reasonable in my book, so I dove in. Unfortunately, I soon learned that for all the quantity and variety of the buffet, the quality of the food left much to be desired.

The side dishes, ironically, were good - corn, rice, stuffing, and black-eyed peas tasted about how you expect them to taste. The deserts were passable, if oversweet and "packaged-tasting." The real problem, though, was that the actual entrees looked horrible and tasted worse. The salmon, chicken, and beef were all just below fast-food quality, which makes Mulliga sad.

I'm going to Wingstop tomorrow just to get the taste outta my mouth. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home