Monday, July 02, 2007

Food: Planter's Trail Mix

I remember almost being completely drained the morning of my Torts final exam. I had been accidentally locked out my place the night before (long story), and I had no time to pick up anything at the grocery store to get me through the 3 hours of writing that would be needed. In desperation, I grabbed something at Wilbert's - Planter's Trail Mix.

It's definitely toward the high end of packaged trail mixes. Normally I enjoy making my own trail mix, but the sheer convenience of these zippered plastic pouches is hard to deny. I toted that trail mix right into the exam room and gnoshed on it while answering questions on joint/several liability and proximate cause. In the end, Torts was my worst exam, but I certainly didn't have a lack of energy.

My favorite varieties are "Fruit & Nut," and the sadly-discontinued "Berry, Nuts, & Chocolate." BN&C had a pretty glorious flavor combination - orange-flavored cranberries plus dark chocolate pieces, along with nuts. "Fruit & Nut" combines plentiful dried banana slices, cranberries, and other fruit with the standard complement of nuts. Neither is the healthiest thing in the world (again, if you want healthy, make your own :-) ). But in each bag is about 600 calories and plenty of fat, protein, and carbs, with no refrigeration required and a long shelf life. Not bad for $1.50 at your local grocery store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home